By the Publisher
Anneliese wrote down everything Jesus said to her. These notes are not dated but numbered. On February 15, 1976 she handed four pages of these notes to Father Renz who carefully preserved them. They are, as it were, Anneliese’s “spiritual testament.”
The words of Jesus as recorded by Anneliese:
1. Everything good that you do, and have done, comes from Me. Every good thought, every good deed: nothing is yours. That is why (at Holy Mass) I let you write them down, to show you that you can do nothing on your own, and to teach you humility. You should not suppose that you have achieved anything by yourself. All these are gifts of my great love to you. You should have nothing that belongs to you. You must understand that everything comes from Me and so accept them with gratitude; and do not be proud as though they were from you, for these are my gifts.
2. Expect everything, but everything, from Me. I can make possible what is impossible. Place great trust in Me. This brings Me glory. It draws Me to you.
3. Be sorry for your sins and then believe in My great love for you. Do not doubt it, for this saddens Me greatly. My ways are mysterious ways. You must let Me chose the way for you. Have I not already given you ample proof of My love?
4. Be silent! Do not talk so much. Restrain your tongue, since for every needlessly uttered word you will have to hold account. Love solitude. Meet with others only when necessary, e.g. for reasons of friendship, and not for pleasure’s sake. Give up permitted pleasures as well.
5. Do not worry about the future. Try at all times to listen to My voice and carry out My wishes (My will). I love you tenderly. Do likewise while carrying out My most silent wish — always listening to My voice. (The sheep know their Shepherd’s voice. I am the Good Shepherd and I love My sheep).
6. Believe that I answer every prayer so long as it does not stand in the way of the soul’s salvation. Often I wait before answering even the just prayers of My children that they may be persistent and their prayers be of benefit to others.
7. Do not lose heart if something does not happen (right away) as you would wish. Try at least to hide your indignation. You do not know what good such adversities serve or why they are necessary.
8. Never cease asking and begging on behalf of your neighbors that they may attain the eternal homeland as well.
9. Am I not a loving Father to you, always caring for you?
10. Do not forget to give thanks for all the gifts that I have bestowed upon you. My crosses are the greatest gifts of grace. Also do not forget that you may read the writings of Barbara Weigand. Pray that the riches of these writings may become available to all.
11. Pray and make great sacrifice for my priests. It is not for nothing that I have revealed to you the greatness and dignity of every priest (in San Damiano) — to the point that you tremble with fear. Consider that even the unworthy priest is another Christ. Judge no one, so as not to be judged. Leave that to me.
12. I am allowing your temptations [word underlined in the original]. Struggle with them. Do not give let them overcome you. I will not allow them to exceed your strength. Do not be concerned how far [name crossed out] may go with temptations of this kind, or to what extent I shall permit them. That is my affair. From struggle comes growth — provided you struggle along with Me.
The above article was published with permission from Miłujcie się! in November 2010